CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

10/29/08

"Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns...

Casting Crowns are one of my favorite artists, and they have done it again. They have come up with another song, that speaks straight to the heart. It is a slow fade, it starts with just a little thought, then you ponder on it, then it becomes a desire, and that desire sets a flame that can turn into a blaze so quickly. Before you know it, you are deep in a sin. Either, enjoying it at the cost of your precious relationship with Christ. Or, your heart is sick with regret that you let yourself burn a little longer. Praise God for His forgiveness!
I pray that the Lord will keep watch over my eyes and my heart. That He will protect me from a thought turning into a desire. That he will convict me, and bring me to my knees! And praise God that his mercy and forgiveness are available, if we will humble ourselves, and go to Christ and ask for it;

Psalm 86:5~7 "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; And give heed to the voice of my supplications! In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me.

Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow
It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade
Be careful little ears what you hear
When flattery leads to compromise, the end is always near
Be careful little lips what you say
For empty words and promises lead broken hearts astray
It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
The journey from your mind to your hands Is shorter than you're thinking
Be careful if you think you stand You just might be sinking
It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
Daddies never crumble in a day
Families never crumble in a day
Oh be careful little eyes what see Oh be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes what you see

5 comments:

Margaret said...

awesome song...Jerald first introduced me to it- he loves it!

Nicole Marie said...

this is my all-time favorite song from them right now. The message os so powerful!!

Kati said...

I hesitate to even leave a comment here, because the depth of the truth of that song is SO serious and SO true, it is hard to even talk about here.

All I can say is, I have experienced it--the SLOW FADE--where a little sin turns to a big sin and so on, and all of the sudden you open your eyes and you are in DEEP. And then if it weren't for Jesus and His AMAZING GRACE and His mercies that are new every morning, we would be utterly hopeless.

I pray He help us all to recognize the "little" sins and nip them in the bud before they have a chance to take root in us.

Nan said...

Hi!

I've not heard the music but the words ring so true!
Part of being in the world, yet not of it.

DL said...

I agree that this song is very penetrating and convicting, like so many of their songs.