CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

10/13/08

Girls Gone Wild

Some of you reading this blog, knew that I went to Chicago this past weekend. But, did not know the purpose of my trip. So, over the next week, or so, I am going to share what the trip was about, and how God has used this trip, to pierce my heart, and a desire to become "A True Woman that Lives a God Centered Life" !



It was the first National Woman's Conference, and it is called "True Woman 08, Now is the Time" ! There were 6,300 woman that attended. And, I believe they said, women from 8 other countries made the trip to attend, and some of them had to spend a $1,000, just to get to the conference. There is a link, on my blog list, if you are interested to learn more about it, or want to watch video from the conference.



There were two session times set aside on Friday, and each session had 10 to choose from. One of the sessions I attended was Girls gone wild. But, it was not the first, nor the second at the top of my list. The first two were filled before I even got there. So, now what? I thought. I do not want to fight the crowds, and keep finding them filled. Looking at my list, I decided to go to Girls gone wild, even though the title was a little thought provoking! It was held in the convention center, and that meant I was guaranteed to have a seat.



The speaker was, Mary Kassian. I really enjoyed her personality, because she told it like it was, and was confronting the issue with truth. It is so awesome how God worked it out for me to be in that class. I have to admit that I was drawn to that class, but I did not want to take it because of the title. But, God placed me there anyways.



I want to share with you some of the notes I wrote down, but that was not all that she shared, I was too slow to catch it all. If you have not read, or can not remember what Proverbs 7 says, then I recommend you open your bible, read it first, and then continue on with my notes.



The Proverbs women is described as the "wild women", (occupied with outward appearance, flaunts her body, is like a prostitute, flirtatious, forward, suggestive, brazen, and much more). I quit taking notes of the wild woman, because I wanted to focus on her points of a "WISE WOMAN".



THE WISE WOMAN;

Her physical appearance is 2nd to her spiritual appearance, Beauty of inner self, Noble character, Dresses modestly, is "Modest", is "Temperate", has "Decency", dresses femininely (clothed in fine linen, appropriate for women), Guards her dignity (no deceptive charm), Purity, Busy with personal mission, Busy with good deeds, Does not eat bread of idleness, Arms to the poor, hands to the needy, Wins her man over with Pure/Holy Behavior, Stays away from potentially compromising situations, Propriety, Worthy of Respect, Gives the enemy no opportunity, Avoids trickery/craftiness/manipulation, Not a "gossip" or a "busybody", Judicious with wise words, Influences without words, Speaks with Wisdom, Not a malicious talker, Other focused/Happy to serve, Provides food for her family, Her husband takes his seat at the city gate, "Quiet Spirit", Gentle disposition that defers to others, Gentle and Quiet Spirit~(repeat) Bible says; it is Precious in God's sight, Respects others, Affirms, Receives, and Nurtures Strength and Leadership from Worthy men, Quietness and full submission, Obeys, (like Sarah choose to be submissive to Abraham, Has Godly priorities and Joyfully fulfills her Responsibilities, Watches over the affairs of her household, Manages her home, Works with eager hands, Brings up her children, Contented (mark of Godliness), Confident in God's Plan & Provision, Put their hope in God, She can laugh at the days to come, Understands that Christ is first place, She is Dedicated to Christ, Keeps herself for Marriage, Guards the Purity & Sacredness of the Marriage bed (in her thoughts and beliefs), is "Purity", Faithful to her husband, Enjoys and Invites Sex~understands that sex is an expression of a Profound Spiritual Truth, "Coverings for her bed" (she makes it inviting), Does Not "Deny" Husband (1 Cor. 7:5), Does not wrong men, with regards to sexuality (1 Thess. 4:4-6), Values what God values, Not with gold,pearls, or expensive clothes, Dedicated to Christ, Of great worth to God, Respects and Honors men in attitude, speech, and behavior, Brings her husband GOOD and NOT HARM (when we hurt our husband, we are hurting our own household), Her husband is Respected, Honors her Commitments, Does not give in to fear, Her relationship with God, makes a difference in how she relates to men, Her Behavior is of a woman who professes to worship God (1 Tim. 2:10).



Lord, I want to be a WISE WOMAN. Search my heart, reveal my wildness, catch me when I fall, but most of all, CHANGE ME !





3 comments:

Margaret said...

thanks for sharing your notes...i wasn't in that session, but thought it sounded interesting.

Charity said...

Nancy Leigh DeMoss did a series, not too long ago, on that very passage (although not with the same title!!). I read the transcripts every day and was really convicted.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and are blogging about it, I will keep up with whatever you blog about it. I have been to women's fellowship getaways, and always leave convicted, but yet lifted up. I guess sometimes I need God to light that fire under my butt. lol You know what I mean. Have a great day!*S*