CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

10/24/08

Diana gets married, and little family history...

This is my aunt Onorina. She is my dad's sister, and the oldest and wisest of 19 children. She turned 73 in September. She is an amazing woman. I love her very much! After I got taken away from my mom, she took me out of the group home I was in, and gave me a chance to be a part of a "real" family. It was not perfect, and she would admit that also, but I do give her a lot of credit, for who I am today. I praise God for the people He placed in my life, at the right time, and for the self destruction He saved me from! This photo was taken in 1951. My grandparents, (Giovanni and Carmela (Pagnozzi) Manfredonia), are holding my dad, Albert. Onorina is the oldest, to the far left.









These next pictures are with Onorina, at my cousin Diana's wedding. The picture at the bottom, is of my cousin, Adelina. When, I got these pictures, it was so strange seeing her as this beautiful adult woman, when my memories of her , are more like the picture at the right. She was about 9 years old, and I remember sitting with her at the bottom of my grandma's stairs. She would tell me stories about the bible, always filled with joy and excitement.









3 comments:

Margaret said...

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your family history. What country did your grandparents come from?

JanAl said...

They came from Italy, after WWII.

~~anna~~ said...

I agree with Margaret....thanks for a glimpse into your family.
Praise the LORD for intervening in each of our lives!
I really love your family pic by the way....it makes me smile!