CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

10/12/08

Elijah's response

Earlier this evening, Elijah read the post I wrote about him, (3 times, I think), and then came to me with tears in his eyes.
And says; " Mom, I read what you wrote about me, and it made me cry several times".
Lord, I pray that in my everyday moments as a mom, that my children will know and believe how precious they are to me!

Something else I wanted to add in his post was a funny story on a talk between Elijah and his dad:
About a month ago, Elijah was riding home with Cleyo. So, Cleyo decided to take advantage of the alone time. Cleyo, wanting to give Elijah an opportunity to ask him any personal question that he would like to. Cleyo asks Elijah if there is anything that he wanted to know about him, or something personal that he has maybe thought about, but was too embarrassed to ask. I do not know for sure the exact way Cleyo stated it, but I know Cleyo was trying to open it up for personal questions, or maybe something that Elijah wants to know about, but doesn't get the chance because of always having siblings around. Expecting something personal, and maybe even shocking; Elijah asks, "How old were you when you got your Atari"? Cleyo answers, then tells Elijah, "Is there anything else you would like to know"? Elijah answers,"No, that's all I wanted to know".
I thank God, that his heart is still innocent.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Yes, innocence is absolutely precious!