CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

9/2/08

POP ! There goes my brain !

I t has been one of those days ! A brain can only take so much, before it EXPLODES !

I love having Sheldon & Grace home and home schooled. But, when you spend most of the day going in circles, the website that is critical to your schoolwork getting done is not available, and all three babies want to take turns throwing screaming fits/tantrums/and all of the above. It makes you wonder if it is easier to send them on a bus and let someone else teach them. YES!!!!!! It would be easier! And I knew that going into this!
But, at the same time, when I can catch a deep breath and ask myself, what is best for them, why did I do this in the first place, and has it made a positive difference? My answers to these lead me to the conclusion that I am doing the right thing, and I would not do it any different.
Praise God for days like these. It reminds me to be thankful for the days that go smoothly. And, what a reminder of sins that are out of control. (like the mouth) Lord, I ask for your forgiveness.

Also, if you have not noticed yet, my about me info has changed. You see, after I finally calmed down and realized the world did not come to an end, and decided to let go of the fact that "my to-do list" , for the day, would not even get 1/2 accomplished. Sheldon tells me he wants to start a blog. So I think okay, I can do this! I'll set him up, let him do the rest, and I can make dinner.
Now, my info is lost, and it will stay that way for a while, because I do not have the time to fill it out.

Oh, well !!!

7 comments:

Jessi said...

so glad to get to know you a little better, janal! i didn't realize you like wii so much,and that you were going back to school! HA! that is so funny!

i started to read not understanding what you meant when you talked about losing the file...so i saw "i am the oldest of 8 kids..." i thought wow, janal has never mentioned anyone other than Miracle! Don't worry, i understand everything now ;)

Anonymous said...

do you know of any other homeschoolers you can team up with (to share responsibilities) or is that just one more hassle? of course, all of us in the education field have "those days" once in awhile. i'm glad to hear that it's been a positive experience overall for everyone involved.

and you can have sheldon use his blog to do some writing assignments.... :)

JanAl said...

I tried the homeschool co-op, but it seemed like one more thing to do. Algebra is our biggest struggle right now. Hopefully that will change, because soon Sheldon will be assigned an Algebra teacher that can help when he needs it. More internet issues again today made it difficult to feel like we accomplished much. I asked Sheldon today if he desires to go back to public school, and he said, most of the time he likes and wants to be home schooled. He also said he would go back if there was a local school that is not as large as Greenville. I made it clear to him that even in smaller schools they still have the issues the larger ones do. The difference is there is less kids to do it. I'm trusting that this is where the Lord wants me at this time. Next year, Daniel & Shiloh start pre-k, so half my day will hopefully be more relaxed, and not spent on chaos. So, I think !

Anonymous said...

is sheldon in 7th grade now? if so, did you check to see if there was room at FM for him? we usually have more space at the JH/HS than at the elementary....just a thought. and he could ride with me, if he doesn't mind getting up early :)

JanAl said...

It is something I have considered. I need to be in prayer about it. We really enjoy the OHVA, but there is always that thought in the back of my mind, if I am doing the right thing? I need to find out more info about the local schools, and I would need to hear Sheldon say that he does not want to be home schooled any longer. Cleyo and I, have talked about the idea of keeping them home for jr. high, then putting them back in for high school. This is tough! My heart's desire is to do the right thing. But, it is not always easy.

Anonymous said...

i totally understand, janal. these are such important decisions, and no one else can make them for you. we certainly aren't a perfect school, but i still believe we are about the best in the county overall. and we often have students visit for a day and go through a typical class schedule to get a feel for what it is like before they make a decision, if you think you'd want him to do that. on the other hand, we often have homeschoolers enter during their high school years as well. I know God will guide you as you seek His will.

By the way, I have a video about life in Mexico that is for younger children and was sent to me for free. Would you be interested in having it?

JanAl said...

Dee,
FM would probably be my first pick. But, there are so many things to consider. I did have a talk with Sheldon & Grace today. I needed to hear from them how they feel, and what was in their thoughts. They both shared that for now they both want to stay at home, but they are considering going back for high school. But, they want to make that choice later. I told both of them that I want them to come to me, if at any time, they have the desire to go back into a public school. Not that I would send them back at that time, but I want to know, so that I can consider it.
After an overwhelming week, and the shedding of tears last night, the talk I had with them today, gave my heart some peace.
In these times that I feel like a failure, that is when I want to quit! But my desire is to do what is right. And hearing them both say that this is where they want to be, is what I needed to hear to push forward.
Yes, I would like that video. My sister's husband is from Mexico. It would be a good source of info for them. Maybe, an idea for a report! Thanks for caring, it means a lot to me.