CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

9/27/08

Daniel's Surgery



On wednesday, September 24, Daniel went to Children's hospital, to have a Hydrocele/Hernia operation. This is before the sleepy meds were given to him.






























This is after surgery. Although he looks peaceful in these pictures,this was, the calm before the storm.
After we returned home, I expected to be by his side the rest of the day. Holding him, comforting him, loving him, praising God for him, and praising God for the health that He has blessed our children with.
Dr. Christian gives me a list of no-no's for two weeks; no riding toys! no jumping! no wrestling! no climbing! no playing rough!
I'm already thinking, "Okay! How am I going to manage this"? This is who Daniel is! A rough- housing, wrestling, head butting (literally, he likes to ram his head into your butt, and at times, it does hurt), kind of boy.
Little did I know, the drugs they gave him, would make him act like a psycho-manic!
I'm not sure which was more frustrating; trying to follow the doctor's instructions with a child who acts like he is on speed, or watching Daniel appear to be in fast-forward mode, running circles around me, falling numerous times, not being able to get his mental attention, and fearing he would hurt himself.
Thank God, the medicine has worn off!
Eight kids, no problem! One psycho-manic child, was almost unbearable for me!
I praise God that the surgery was successful.
One day at Children's, is a reminder, to be thankful for what God has given me. And a reminder, that the challenges I face on a daily basis, are nothing compared to what these mothers, and children at this hospital face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. I prayed for Daniel, but I guess I should have thought to pray for you, too!

I will now!

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering how Daniel was after last Wednesday evening. I thought it was funny the way he was acting but at the same time was hoping he wouldn't hurt himself. I'm glad to hear he was fine after that evening of being a "wildman".