CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

8/29/08

Politically correct~~~NOT ME !





As a field trip, Cleyo and I, took Sheldon & Grace to the McCain rally in Dayton. We originally thought it would be such a great experience, to witness history. Little did we know how awesome it would be!!!! I don't think I could have been more excited about anyone else he could have picked for V.P.


She was so down to earth, she did not read her speech from a paper, or a teleprompter. I encourage any of you who did not get to hear it, to go to www.johnmccain.com/, and read it. Her life story is amazing. She has accomplished a lot in her life, all while having 5 children. The youngest, was born with down syndrome. She was told by doctors that she should terminate it, while she was pregnant. She refused. She said in an interview, when she looks at him, ( the baby), all she sees is perfection. She has an amazing track record in Alaska. The people there love her, and have nothing but nice things to say about her.



Cleyo could not have dragged me to something like this ten years ago. I use to hate all the fighting that came with politics. Everything was either black or white. Then there are the people who want to beat thier thoughts and views into you, until you believe what they believe.

I think because Cleyo has always had an interest in politics, it has made me more aware of how important it is to be involved and to know your facts. I appreciate Fox news so much for being "FAIR & BALANCED", and without talk radio(95.7), I would not know the truth behind all the lies and distortions you hear on the evening news.

If you only knew how many hours I spent this past week, watching the speeches on t.v., and listening to talk radio, it is not something I should be proud of.

I do not want to open this up for debate. But, I do want to encourage everyone to vote! What I have been hearing a lot from many people is , they don't like either candidate, so I guess to that I say, review the facts about both, and vote against the one who you disagree with the most. Vote and show that you care about the future of America, your children & grandchildren.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if she were remotely qualified, and you believe that everyone in Alaska is in love with her(they aren't), then you still need to believe that the last eight years have been good ones for this country. Then you can vote for four more years of the same failed policies, and then we'll all be in even deeper trouble than we are now.

JanAl said...

This is why we have freedom of choice. I disagree that the last eight years were a failure. I have heard enough about Obama, that it scares me to give him any power.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

No debate here...... GO MCCAIN!!!!!

And I got to say that I agree the last eight years were NOT a failure!

Anonymous said...

I didn't go to the MacCain Rally. Chose not to. However, watched it on tv because I want to stay informed!
I too, was impressed with Ms. Palin.
For one reason, she has a past record available for critique.
Second, she didn't look like a Hollywood sex symbol!
I realize that she's young and has had a short career thus far in politics. However, one of the other candidates is also young with no record of success at all. It's true that not everyone in the state of Alaska may care for her because there are BOTH political parties living there. But I can't compare her to President Bush. Bush waffles...I don't see that in her thus far. Also, I have stopped to think that there may be some jealous women out there, who wouldn't like her no matter what!
As for our country, it's true that the past few years have been disappointing. But that cannot be blamed on a Republican congress, because the Democrats are the majority and things have gone from bad to worse while they've been in power (taking vacations instead of doing what they're elected to do). I personally voted for Hillary in the primary but was not at all shocked when Obama did not even consider her for VP. Too much disdain there. But she would have been an example of change! I would have considered her a quicker hope for change than Biden!
Now, rather than vote according to party...I want to vote smart. I'm listening to the candidates and paying close attention to their character as is exampled by their past. McCain, I can find much on. Hillary, I can find much on. Biden, unfortunately yes.
And now Palin, I can find much on. The person running for the highest office in the land, who is offering me the moon if he's elected, will not disclose who he really is. The ones he has been associated closely with do not inspire me at all, in fact they concern me! I'll keep listening to them all, and make to the best of my ability, an INFORMED decision based NOT on promises that have no foundation and are merely "I hope so's", but on something TANGIBLE I can judge by. I keep hearing people say, 4 more years of the same...that's speculation and a fear tactic. Bush disappoints me, but I'll not label another, if the shoe really doesn't fit. Let's look at the facts on each candidate and make a decision based on common sense, not wishful dreams!

Anonymous said...

to all those Bush-haters i say HEY, we haven't been attacked again, have we????? you call that failure????? i'm so sick of all the rhetoric. lay out the facts and base your vote on them!

JanAl said...

Okay, maybe I should not have said that everyone loves her. That is not true of anyone in politics. But, the feed back from many has been very positive. My comment was based on an interview with a man from Alaska, and when asked "how do the Alaska people feel about this", he replied that, "all of Alaska loves her, and so will America".

Charity said...

Interesting comments! That was such a great idea for a field trip. I'm sure it was a day Sheldon and Grace won't soon forget. And I have to say, I feel much better about voting for McCain after hearing his choice for running mate!

That's Life said...

(Here Goes MY Rant) Go McCain!!! I think John and Sarah are just what our country needs. Unfortunately, many people in our country are (dare I say it) brain-washed by the liberal media. The only promise I think Obama can keep is to higher taxes. Frankly, I don't think a celebrity, such as himself, has the experience it takes to run this country. John and Sarah complement each other well and will do a fine job. And I say..... for all of those who are patriotic, will support a war even if its not the popular thing to do - just so the men and women that fought have not done so in vain, for those who believe life begins at conception and all babies deserve the RIGHT to life, and to all those that have fought and died for our right to allow us the freedom to state our opinions..... THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU!