CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

8/30/09

Past-Present-Future

Yesterday, Cleyo and I picked out and put on layaway, one of those three-diamond rings, that represent the past, present and future. Buying a new ring was not even thought of in our plans to renew our vowels. Even though my original ring is very plain and simple, it is a reminder of the covenant I made on December 30, 1995, and being a very sentimental person, I had no desire to replace it. But this new ring will be a reminder of the new covenant we are making, that we understand how marriage glorifies God, and to commit our ways/our marriage to the Lord.

Cleyo shared with me that a few years ago that he was considering buying this kind of ring for me, to replace the one I have now. But I am so glad that he did not. On January 1, 2010, Cleyo will put this ring on my finger, and it will be a reminder of all the amazing things that God has done in our lives, and in our marriage. And it will be a reminder of our outward confession to live out a God-honoring marriage.

BTW~ Cleyo will not be getting a new ring, because of his work, it will just get destroyed. But I did find out that I can have his polished, to look like new, and I can have in engraved for very cheap.

We are very excited about the renewal of our vowels, and to share it with our friends and family. We are thinking and working hard to make this an enjoyable evening for all.

3 comments:

Kati said...

very cool. :)

DL said...

Wow, new rings and stuff. Isn't there like some kind of renewal ceremony for brothers?

JanAl said...

Darby~
you will have to work that out with Cleyo, although, I think your ceremony will look a little bit different.

:}