CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

8/10/09

Five ingredients that can kill a marriage:

  • Unrealistic Expectations
  • The Control Factor
  • Vain Imaginations
  • Condescension
  • Harboring Hurt
Kimberly Wagner, on the True Woman blog said.......
~"I didn't grasp the "big picture" when I entered into my marriage covenant."
~"Basically I went into our marriage thinking it was all about me, instead of realizing marriage is all about God."

I feel the same exact way, and I am in a process of learning more about God, and how my marriage can display the glory and beauty of the gospel.
I have had many conversations with women, (and maybe men would say the same thing), that marriage is never what they thought it would be. Also, I have come to an understanding that this unrealistic expectation is common to all, no matter how we were taught or not taught.

I hope that God will use what He has taught me, to help younger women to not waste precious years of marriage. How cool to be a part of displaying the glory of God! And praise God that He has done a work in me! Apart from Him, I can do nothing!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Awesome post Janal, I totally agree with all of that. I think alot of women now days go into marriage with the thought that their husbands should bow down to them and that's so wrong. Unrealistic expectations used to be an issue for me, but as God has grown me throughout the years that is getting better.