CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

8/5/09

"Not Going!"

Maybe my three old son Daniel understands anger better than I do........

Last week, Daniel refused to go to VBS, unless my 13 year old stayed with him, so 4 out of the 5 days Sheldon had to help in his class. Well there is another VBS this week, and when Daniel found out, he said "I am not going! I will stay home", But was willing to compromise that he would go if Sheldon went with him. Well, he was not happy when I told him that I would not make Sheldon go, because he is getting too old. So, Daniel's next compromise was that he would go if "a big kid stays with him, in his room with his teacher!" Well, another "no" from mom!
Daniel firmly tells us that he will go with us to drop off the kids, but he will not stay. We finally get there, and I allow the older kids to walk him in the door, which he fell for, and did stay, without any attitude.
Later, after we pick up the kids and bring them home, Cleyo and I asked if he liked it, and he said "yes!"
Then he continues to tell us why he was arguing with us before we left the house.........

"I was stinkin mad, and my brain wouldn't listen to you."

2 comments:

Charity said...

Daniel is a hoot! Karis and Zekers both have mentioned to me in the last couple of weeks that they miss Daniel and Shiloh.

I just looked at your campout pics, too. Danny would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the great thing about staying home. :)

Nan said...

Oh JanAl!

Way too cute!!

Grandma Nancy