CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

5/25/09

Last night, we tried to go on a nice relaxing family walk, only to be attacked by millions of mosquitoes. The bug spray only made it about half better. We all got bitten, and we got off the trail as fast as possible, but Shiloh seems to have very strong reactions to bug bites than anyone I have ever seen. Last year, she was bitten by spiders (we think) and her eyes were sealed shut. When I talked to her pediatrician last year, he explained it in a way that I do not understand, all I know is that he did not seem to be concerned about it, even though it looks bad.
































The bites on her arm, have puss in them.

7 comments:

Kati said...

OH...MY...GOODNESS!!!!!!

If she weren't smiling in the pictures, I would truly be concerned! Maybe you guys should buy stock in OFF!!!

JanAl said...

lol, I told her to smile when I took the picture!
And we used OFF, but it did not work that well. Not one of our bites even compare!

~~anna~~ said...

You might want to have her checked out by a doctor, or, atleast give him a call. If she's itching or miserable, a doctor could prescribe something, maybe even over-the-counter med for relief.
Poor little girl..that looks so uncomfortable!

JanAl said...

Anna~ I had Shiloh's previous doctor look at it, and he acted like it was no big deal, I have switched her to my doctor, so I will be calling him in the morning. Allergy meds are the only thing that I know to give her, she does not act like it bothers her too much, she does not even itch it that often, what scares us the most is if she were to get attacked by bees. :{

Nan said...

Hi!

Wow! That is definitely an adverse reaction! And yes, I'd be concerned by one bee sting alone, because in allergic people, one bee sting can kill, if not given a shot of epinephrine. She's gonna be one to watch. I'm glad she's not suffering with it.

Nan

Anonymous said...

I reacted the same way to mosquito bites when I was a kid. Even now, when I get bit by one the spot swells up huge and itches like crazy. She may be sensitive to bug bites. Bee & wasp stings swell up huge on me, too. But, I've never been diagnosed as allergic. I'm curious to find out what your doctor says about the bites.

April Mendenhall

JanAl said...

April~ I took her to the doctor on Tuesday, and he said that it was not an allergic reaction, because she would have a rash or hives on other areas of her body, and he said the swelling around the eyes is called a "local reaction", and he did give her an antibiotic for the bites on her arms, because they were infected,and said that they are seeing an increase in open skin infections, because people are becoming immune to antibiotics. Overall, Shiloh seems to be very sensitive to many different things.