CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

5/16/09

Can I say that ?

When someone asks, "How are you?", can I say "good", even if it is not always true?
I feel like I am 'doing well' because of God, but honestly, I am a mess. But at the same time, any peace that I have is from God, so to say that I am 'doing good', is only because of God.

I love how God supplies songs and verses for every situation. If you have not heard Jeremy Camp's song "My Fortress", you should look it up and listen to it, it is my theme song for life right now.

Psalm 73:28 "But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,That I may tell of all Your works."

3 comments:

Kati said...

When someone asks how you are, you could say, "Better than I deserve", which would be the truth for all of us, all the time, no matter how we're feeling at the time.

Charity said...

The past few weeks, I have listened to Sovereign Grace's "Psalms" CD over and over again. One of my favorite songs on the album is from Psalm 130 (one of my favorite Psalms!):

"Out of the depths I cry to You, O LORD . . . If You, O LORD, kept a record of sins, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness . . . I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope. My soul waits for the LORD more than the watchmen wait for the morning. . . O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love, and with Him is full redemption."

In every trial and loss
My hope is in the cross
Where Your compassions never fail . . . "
Sometimes when people ask me how I'm doing and I don't know how to answer, I just say "God is good" (which is always true!)

Nan said...

Hi!

Kati, I have used that expression many times! Everyone tries to get me off the hook,as though I don't really deserve hell! It's a super way to share our faith!

JanAl~ It's automatic to say,
"good" when we mean "bad" lol
I do that all the time! I just did it tonight when a fellow church member asked how I was doing!
One thing we can always say that would be the truth, "I am blessed. The Lord's been good to me."
Even during the hardest times, we are still blessed, because we are getting so much enabling grace!

But I will be praying for you in the midst of the struggles you are encountering, whatever they may be.

Love you, Nancy