CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

5/3/09

Hunting for Arrowheads....

A few days ago, the kids found arrowheads out in the field. So, today after church, Cleyo thought it would be fun to look for arrowheads.





















































Less than ten minutes into "the hunt", the complaining started.......
"This is stupid, what a waste of time, why would people want to do this,
grumble, grumble grumble!" (all me)
And then I found it! Laying wide open on the ground. I went from complaining to excitement, within 15 seconds.




























Priscilla found teeth, yes teeth. She believes that they are Indian teeth. We are not sure who or what they belong to.














This is Priscilla pouting because we would not let her keep the teeth. I am not sure where she gets a complaining attitude from. :}






































This is Cleyo, determined to find one, but only I, the crybaby, found one. ;}

4 comments:

Kati said...

I can't believe you wouldn't let the child keep the teeth! ha! Mean mom! :)

Jodi Bradshaw said...

I did not know you could just find arrow heads randomly in fields. That is so cool! The teeth thing was a little freaky but looks like you guys (at least most of you) had fun. :)

JanAl said...

Kati~ yes, I have been known as the mean mom! It is funny to me, that when the kids have are having fun, it is the best day ever, but when it is not fun for them, it is the worst day ever!

Jody~ Yes, from what I hear (lol) people actually make a day of arrowhead hunting. It actually was fun, even though I like to throw my complaints in there, it was even more fun when I found one! lol!
You would not believe the things that my kids bring back to the house (in the house!) .....bones of various sizes and shapes, a live mouse that they caught and wanted to keep as a pet, and last summer, a collection of spiders. And it is not just the boys, the girls are just as bad. :}

Nan said...

Hi!

Again, found myself laughing at your wit and humor! Great post! Thanks!


Nancy