CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

12/31/08

13 Years of Marriage...

Yesterday, December 30th, marked our 13th year of marriage.
To be very honest, I forgot! I knew it was coming, but did not give it a second thought about what day it was. To be even more honest; my wonderful, sweet, kind, caring, sacrificial,and most favorite sister-in-law, Amanda, had offered to keep the kids for the day, and overnight, so that I could do some work around the house, which is out of control.
Then I get a phone call. "Happy Anniversary", says Cleyo.
Oh-no, I was so excited about a day of quietness, and NO interruptions, that my Anniversary was not even important to me. So, feeling guilty, I decided to make Cleyo's favorite meal;
Manacoti, salad, garlic toast, apple pie, with some wine.
Then I realize, I do not have any cottage cheese for the Manicotti, so I call my neighbors, nobody has it. And not wanting to make trip into town, I call a friend in Versailles (Kelly V), because maybe she had to go to Greenville today, (I thought I would take a chance), she had no reason to leave the house, but that sweet woman had 2 containers of cottage cheese, and drove all the way to my house to give them to me (THANK YOU KELLY).
I love my God-given purpose in life, being a mom and a wife, but I do need to have days of quietness like these more often. I feel like I am always in total chaos mode, so yesterday was a blessing to be able to not feel pressure, or having this or that, thrown at me. I would like to say that I was able to move quickly and get many things done, but with my knee injury, moving quickly is not even an option. But the quietness and peace in the house, OH MY! That was awesome! I am so thankful for Amanda, she has 5 kids of her own, and was willing to take all 8 of mine, without a hesitation! I do not have family around that I can ask to watch the kids so that I can get a break, and with 8 kids, I do not like to burden others with my responsibilities, so THANK YOU AMANDA FOR THIS MUCH NEEDED BREAK!
Dinner last night was sweet, we sat in the quiet darkness, eating and talking. The talk was also needed, as Cleyo was able to open up to me about some struggles he has had lately, and why he believes he is struggling. I do not know if I will ever want to leave the house again for a date night, it was awesome to just be at home, in quietness, with my husband. Also, we never have anything to talk about in a restaurant, maybe the home atmosphere, allows us to open up easier with each other, and maybe at a restaurant, we feel like we need to perform.
I praise God for Cleyo. He is a man of integrity, he is honest, he loves me, he loves his children, he works hard to provide for his family, and most importantly, he loves God, and out of his love for God, Cleyo tries to be a man of God. I am sooo thankful, and I praise God that Cleyo is mine!
I pray that the Lord will continue to strengthen and to protect this marriage. I pray that God will guide Cleyo with the struggles he is having. I pray that I will be a respectful wife, and that I can be an encouraging wife. I pray that God will give me wisdom in quietness, as a wife.

7 comments:

Kati said...

I praise God with you; for friends who will go out of their way to bring us cottage cheese (or other things); for friends/family willing to take our children so we can have a break; for the gift of a Godly husband; too many gifts to name...

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you both! and i agree - quiet nights at home are often way better than dinner in a restaurant....but maybe ordering take-out so you don't have to cook would still be good :)

Margaret said...

God's blessings to you and your marriage! Praising God with you...

~~anna~~ said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are truly a special couple.
So, glad you were able to have a day to yourself, and time alone with Cleyo!

Amanda said...

I'm honored to be your favorite sister-in-law! :) I know that ultimately we all deserve hell, but in this life, if anyone I know deserves a break, it's you. You spend so much of your time doing and caring for others. I always pray that God holds you up and gives you grace and strength to continue to glorify his name through your life!

Amanda said...

Clarification:

(didn't we just have a conversation about writing without thinking)

I know that WITHOUT CHRIST we all deserve hell.

Nan said...

Hi!

I think that was a sweet testimony to your sister-in-law and your husband. However, I know they both would agree that the feelings are mutual toward you. You are a fine wife and mother. I don't know anyone who takes better care of her family than you. You are such a strong and capable young woman, I very often take it for granted and forget that you need time for yourself. One of my many shortcomings is not offering to be there more often and making you feel comfortable in asking for help from me. But I'm glad you had that quiet evening with Cleyo. He has to be quite grateful to have you in his life. You were hand picked for him and I know God made the perfect choice!