CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

12/24/08

Rain covered ice = pain...

Last night I got to enjoy 4 wonderful hours, at our wonderful hospital, again! At least this time I remembered how old I was! LOL!
For 3 days I am not allowed on my feet or taking care of children, 2-6 weeks of recovery, crutches, and a leg brace. This was not exactly in my plans :}
All because I was carrying 2 puppies outside to go potty. I did see the freezing rain, and as I very slowly put my right foot out to go down the steps, I just completely wiped out, with my left leg bent behind me, continuing to slide, puppies still in hand. As I sat on the sheet of ice, with my knee twisted in the wrong position, in pain and not able to move, I yell for help, but who is going to hear me? Then I see Daniel dancing around in the front living room, I yell but he still can not hear me, so I decide to drag myself up the sheet of ice, back on to the front porch. After I finally get up there, I am able to get Daniel's attention, I tell him go get daddy. He leaves and comes back a couple minutes later, and says daddy won't come. So I tell Daniel, tell daddy, mommy is hurt and I need help. Finally Cleyo comes to help. Cleyo tells me that the first time Daniel came, he told him to go play. This a normal response to Daniel because he is constantly pulling at us to do things for him.
I was able to walk to the back room, but Cleyo being the professional football watcher that he is, tells me that I need to go to the hospital, because the pain can get worse. He was right. It did! And if I would not have heard the doctor warn me about how much worse it can get, I probably would have injured myself further by pushing myself beyond my pain. The hospital was very busy, ambulances were one right after another, lot's of falls, broken bones, and head injuries. I am just thankful that nothing broke, and I am trying my hardest to stay off my feet.

6 comments:

Kati said...

God uses unexpected things to slow us down. I know it wasn't YOUR plan, but it is HIS. Maybe He wants you to use the extra time just to focus on Him. Even so, I know it is hard; there is so much to do.....Will pray.

JanAl said...

Kati~ I know He is wanting me to slow down. I have been under conviction to write out my testimony and I keep putting it off, I thought I would do it over Christmas break, but I found myself rattling my "to-do" list off. God wanting me seated, is exactly what I told Cleyo last night. Thanks for praying :}

~~anna~~ said...

I am so sorry for your injury though...but while it caught you by surprise, it did NOT catch Jesus off guard at all.
Now to peacefully rest and recover...easier said than done though, right?

Merry Christmas!

Oh funny...my word verification this time is "rest ure"

Margaret said...

praying for you! Merry Christmas and God's blessings as you rest and recover in Him.

Anonymous said...

i'm praying for you janal! make sure you do whatever is necessary for healing - no short cuts :)

lyndie said...

aw, janal!
hang in there.
let us know if there is some way we can help.