CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

12/29/08

Honesty & Children...

I love the honesty that comes from children. I do not believe that they think about what they are going to say before saying it (unless they are wanting something from us), or that they question themselves about what they are about to say is said with love or not. I can not remember a time when I have received a comment from any of my children, that was convicting to me, ever felt like an attack, but instead an honest observation.
Last night, I took Sheldon & Grace, to a store to buy something with some money they have earned, and have been saving. Within the first 10 minutes, a clothing rack that was 75% off, caught my eyes, as I am searching through for a good bargain, Sheldon says to me: "Why are you looking at clothes? Your dressers are full, and you do not need any more, besides, you don't even wear most of them!" OUCH! (Within 30 seconds we were walking away from that rack.)
I then admit to Sheldon that he is correct, that I needed to be more disciplined with what I eat, so that I can wear what I have.
I have been extremely undisciplined in all aspects of health lately, from not getting in my morning exercise (which I love, and keeps me invigorated for the day), not eating healthy (soothing emotions with feel good foods, that soothe emotions, instead of nourishing my body, and giving my daily stresses over to God), to, not even taking my vitamins (which anyone who knows me, knows that I am a vitamin freak!).
I have not been treating my fleshly temple in a way that is honoring to God.
Lord, please help me to live minute by minute, in a way that Glorifies You. Give me strength to overcome.
Whether I eat or drink, or whatever I do, help me to do all to the Glory of God. 1 Cor. 10:31

2 comments:

Charity said...

That is one thing I'm never sad to bid farewell to after the holidays - making "allowances", like sleeping later, neglecting time with God and eating all kinds of unhealthy (and delicious!!) things. You're right - kids do have a way of being so painfully honest . . . i can only imagine what it's like when they're close to jr. high age!

Nan said...

Hi!

Oh, could I hear Sheldon say that! lol
And here I was all excited about the three of us gals going clothes shopping after the 1st!
His statement has convicted me as well. I buy way too many clothes! Darby has siad he never sees me in the same thing twice!
So for some time now, I always try to wear the same outfit if I know I'll be around him!
I love junk food! I know how much better I feel when I eat right. But I also know that I won't be a slave to food, as such that I cannot have it if I want it. God calls all food clean. But again, all things are lawful, yet not all are profitable. Oh, whatever.... I gotta go. I hear a big bowl of neapoliton ice cream calling my name!

Mom