CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

2/6/10

YAY for Snow !























Look at that snow drift out by the road.


















































The man, moving the snow.




































































Cleyo and the kids went out back into the field, to dig some tunnels in the large snow drifts.
















I was really bummed that they were so far away that I could not take pictures. I ran out back a few times to check on everyone, but quickly ran back in because it was so cold, and I was NOT going to walk all the way out there!

Until a few hours later........Cleyo came in to get me..........this was me following him out...............























Priscilla...on her way back into the house....





















Elijah...waiting for me to come in....

















Elijah...showing me around....






















They begged me for about 30 minutes to let them sleep outside in it. No, was the answer. Hoping someday they will thank me for that. ;]



















Me, crawling around (with no make-up). Cleyo hands me his cold, wet gloves and says, "here these will help", .........um.....no, they didn't!










My foot.


































The drifts were taller than Abby.







































Grace's sleeping hole.





















Running down to Abby's hole. Our house in the background.


















Abby's sleeping hole.


















There is a fence to the right, that helped to create large snow drifts, which was great for tunnels.























If you look closely, you can see the top of Sheldon's head. Every time I would try to take his picture, he would dive behind the drifts. Something happened when he became a teenager, he quit being a big ham that loved getting his picture taken.


















AH HA! Caught him!



















Maybe I will have more to post tomorrow.......................

7 comments:

JanAl said...

I am not sure how to shorten the big gaps between pictures!?!?

Kati said...

GASP! I can't believe you would venture out into the snow tunnels without make-up! hehe

Fun day! You are a braver mom than I. I take pics from inside the house, loser mom that I am!

Kati said...

One more thing...I actually thought to myself yesterday, "How in the world do the Livingstons do this?" as I was searching for places all over the house to hang dry my *three* children's wet snow-clothes! So, how DO you do it? :)

Charity said...

Cool tunnels!! I tried the get the kiddos to dig a cave yesterday in one of our drifts; they worked at it for about 2 minutes and then gave up. I agree with Kati - I don't know how you guys do it with all the snow stuff. I couldn't believe how many wet, soggy pieces of clothing we accumulated with just 4!

JanAl said...

The mommy Livingston does not like doing it! That is .......going through all the work, but it is well worth it!

And it took 30 minutes yesterday to even get them out the door. The 2 boxes with snow clothes and boots were on the back porch, next to a busted window, full of snow and cold. Put the boots by the fire, warmed and dried all the clothing in the dryer, then tried to figure out what would fit who????

When they are done they get undressed on the front porch, throw all their stuff on the swing, come in and change clothes.

And then, about an hour ago, I threw it all back in the dryer, got them dressed again, and they are back at it.

I learned a long time ago to buy a big tub , throw it all in there, and pull it out when I need it, the only thing I need to remember now is to keep it somewhere in the house where it will stay warm and dry(the lids were off).

btw~ Grace's sweat pants , under her snow pants , were frozen, covered with snow and stiff, when she took her boots off, she had two big snow balls......i do not know how they did it....as for me....fireplaces are wonderful!!!!

Kati said...

Oh, so THAT'S how you do it!

I was envisioning a meticulous closet lined with snowsuits, coats, hats and gloves, all in neat order from largest to smallest, and then some brilliantly organized system of hanging dry everything.

;)

Nan said...

Hi!

Got to these pics late, but well worth seeing! I loved these pics! And seeing the one where you share the foot bieng yours made me laugh out loud, because I was picturing on all fours going through that maze of tunnels!

Someday, Janal, your kids are going to look back and truly appreciate the mom and dad that you've been to them! All your pictures will be the thing to remind them!

Great job to everyone!