CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

7/3/09

Required: Less Thinking - More Action !

Till the day I die......
I want to be known for Christ-like love.

Recently I had a conversation with an old friend that use to attend our church years ago. She was sharing with me that she recently made friends with someone that attends are church now, she asked this lady if she knew Janal Livingston, in case you did not know, that is me, LOL!
The lady responded with a laugh, and stated that EVERY-one knows Janal Livingston!
I do not believe that she meant that as a criticism, not sure? For years, the people that work at Wal-mart have known me as the women with ALL those children, and I have been known for speaking my mind, even to strangers.
I have not been able to get this conversation out of my mind!
What do I want to be known for?
When I die, what will people remember?
What will be my legacy?

As I read through God's word, and about the lives of people in the old and new testament, I can not help but to notice the legacy that has been recorded; ......their betrayal to Christ, their great faith, their lack of faith, the complainers, the kings, idol worshipers, their adulterous behaviors, the murderers, a man of God, endurers of persecution, a prostitute, righteous in God's sight, great leadership, horrible leadership.
For their; anger, kindness, success, rebellion, song(s), failures, compassion, deception, death, prayer, loyalty, shame, marriage, sacrifice, evil example, redemption, suffering, friendship, blessings, a disciple, disobedience, sorrows, children, bitterness, courage, love, drunkenness, works of righteousness, grief, trials, destruction, household, sins, preaching, lies, wealth/no wealth, on and on, and on.

I love Kati's saying on her blog~ "If you find any fault in me, that's my flesh~give me grace. If you find any good in me, that's my God~give Him glory!"
I will never be a good example of Christ, but my desire is to share that same kind of love with and for others. I want to leave a legacy of love, but I also want grace for all my imperfections.
The more I fall in love with Jesus, the quicker I am to love and compassion.

I am ashamed to admit that the past several weeks I have been reading peoples comments on Facebook, and I have been very judgemental and giving out one label after another. Several times I had to stop myself from posting a comment, scary! I have come a long way in regards to the control of my tongue, but I still have a long ways to go! It is only by the Grace of God that I am who I am today. God only knows how I would have destroyed myself, if He had left me to my evil desires.

Lord, I pray that You will gaurd my heart and keep me from sinning. Teach me Your ways, that I may find favor in You. Help me to walk in Your ways. Increase my faith. Give me hope. Above all, help me to love-like Christ loved. I pray Lord that whomever I cross paths with, that they will see You, and not me. Give me a legacy of Love.

(Ephesians 5:1-2)
"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
(1 Corinthians 13::13)
"But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."
(Philippians 3:12)
"
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Nan said...

Hi Janal~

This was a beautiful post! It brings me back to my own failings and how gracious our God is! May I never become comfortable with my sin, and may I never become complacent with God's grace! I never want my sin to feel "okay" to me. And I never want God's grace to feel just "okay" to me.
May I continue to hate one more and more, and may I continue to love the other one more and more!


Love you~ Nan

Anonymous said...

I think you will be known for your love of children...and training them in the way they should go. I don't know you real well, but I love reading your blog! and your desire to serve the Lord.

Sue House

Kati said...

I echo the first two comments....

I need continual reminder that I am in the process of leaving a legacy--of some kind--either of evil or to HIS glory. OH, how I want to be remembered, too, for living for Him. I get bogged down by failure because I have already messed up big time. But ONLY BY HIS GRACE will He even use even our mistakes for His glory!! Praise Him, He's AMAZING!!