CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

6/13/09

My first 5k













Today I ran my first 5k, and got 3rd place for my age group (30-39yrs). The weather was beautiful, and running with other people made time go by much faster. My legs are sore, and my foot is hurting, but it was fun and I am excited to run another.











This is the group of runners/walkers~ Sheldon, Charity, me, Amanda, Isaac, Isabel, and Kati.
Isaac, by the way got 2nd in his age group, he was a natural runner. His time was something like 22:30, he was amazing!












Some pictures of Celina lake. The weather was perfect for running.





















































The beginning, and the end.

















For some reason this bird did not like us.













We found out why when we were on our way back to the van, if you look closely, you will see some eggs.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pics Janal! Sooo much fun. Thank you for encouraging me to get back on track. I'm not there yet, but I'm closer. I feel so blessed to have you as family. You are a treasured friend and sister in Christ! Love you!

JanAl said...

Amanda~ I am so thankful that you came. It was an encouragement to me, that even though you took a break from weekly running, that you still came, and did really well! I love you too, and I hope to have you running races with me again.

Jenny said...

Wow that is really awesome!! Congratulations...........

Anonymous said...

WOW! Way to go Janal! That looked like so much fun! Congrats on finishing 3rd!

Love you, Miracle

JanAl said...

Thanks~ Jenny and Miracle.

If anyone is interested, Amanda added a link, that has pictures of the race (in the comment section), when you see the picture of all of us, there should be a link to view many more pictures, of us in motion, how fun!