CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

6/6/09

Ham 'n' Potato Casserole

I am wanting to share this recipe that I made last night. It was really good, the kids all liked it, and it would be great as a carry-in, or a dish to stick in the oven while you are at church. I do not make many casseroles, even though with a large family, it would be wise, but I have been looking at different recipes, in hopes of adding something new to the dinner table.

I used two separate medium roasting pans, so if you are half the size of our family, and most likely you are, you could just make one pan, or combine it all in a large roasting pan.

Ingredients per medium pan;
1~ (32oz) pkg Southern hash browns
1~ (12oz) pkg cheddar cheese
1~ (16oz) pkg of small diced ham
1~ diced onion
1/2 qt of milk

*mix all ingredients in pan, bake at 400, for 1 hour, stir 1-2 times while baking. Enjoy!

3 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Sounds yummy....anything with potatoes and/or cheese gets high ratings with me!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

were you and your clan at church today? i do not think we saw you. Hope you are doing well!!! :)

JanAl said...

Jodi~ no we did not make it, even though we were really looking forward to it, and this was actually going to be the recipe that I was going to make. Long story short...Cleyo was working on a large roofing job, and some of the helpers that were suppose to help, did not show, so Cleyo has had to work double time, and had to work today at sealing it, before the rain comes, and I was "on-call" for him.

I am sure service was great! The weather was perfect for it!
Thanks for asking! :}