CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

3/5/09

Blessed and Burdened at the same time....

My blessings are so abundant, and yet my heart is overwhelmed. I do not deserve all that has been given to me;
~Jesus Christ, my Savior, that died on a cross, for my sins, so that I could enjoy God forever.....
~My husband, who loves me more than any human could, who sacrifices much for his family, who is (which I will never understand) seriously attracted to me ;] , and the list goes on.....
~Healthy and Wonderful children, many of them........
~A large home, so large, that even though I could work diligently on it daily,
it would still never be clean.....
~Income to pay the bills.....
~Vehicles that are dependable......
~A church that loves God, and wants to see Him Glorified.....
~Friends and Family that keep me accountable, and still love me anyways.....
~An abundance of food......
~Being able to stay home, to raise and enjoy my children......

This list for me is never ending......there is sooooo much to be thankful for,
I do not deserve any of it!

And yet my heart is troubled.
As I look at those around me, as I go to Walmart and talk to my favorite cashiers, as I talk with strangers who pass me by, as I am given prayer requests, as I am talking to friends, as I am listening to the lives around me,
I think,
"Why me",
"why have I been so blessed?", (not that I have been trauma free),
"what can I do to bless those around me, that are suffering and having a hard time?"

Sometimes, when I feel so blessed, I question God with the "why's", and I am half afraid that He will give me burdens, because He thinks I am asking for them, (there is no truth in this, just fear taking over my thoughts).

Anyways, I am thankful for ALL the blessings around me, I pray that the Lord will use me to bless those around me, who are suffering, and struggling with issues in their lives.

4 comments:

Kati said...

I understand you completely, Janal. And may not one day ever go by that I am not in awe of my unworthiness to receive ANY of this.

Jenny said...

It is in our times of wonder that we are truly blessed. You are blessed because you are sopping and looking at your blessings. When we give a gift to our children and they look at it and say, "I didn't want this one." We tend to cringe and think, "well next time I will not give you anything." I think our heavenly Father deserves the same gratitude for all of the many gifts that He has given us... Even some of the ones that hurt... I completely understand, as well.

Nan said...

Hi!

Great post!

We're told to count our blessings and you have just done that very well!

Charity said...

Janal, your words were a total blessing to me! Thank you!