CHARM is DECEPTIVE, and BEAUTY is FLEETING, but a woman who FEARS the LORD is to be PRAISED . Proverbs 31:30

3/16/09

Almost Famous ?

This past October, I was blessed by being able to attend the first "True Woman" '08 conference in Chicago, with a group of women from our church. If you have not heard, or had a chance to check out the conference, here is the link~ http://www.truewoman.com/

And what a surprise to see me on the front of the monthly newsletter, with a "caught in the moment" look on my face.










I also thought I would add some pictures from the conference, thanks to friends who had their cameras.


Before we can even get out of the church parking lot, we have to jump-start Sherri's van.















This picture was actually taken by the professionals, and is posted on the True Woman photo gallery. I am all the way to the left, in the cute pink apron :} , and to the right, are some of the women from my church.













Most of the women from our church, we are missing a couple of them.














Me with Kelly.














The back of me (I volunteered as an Usher), which I absolutely loved!














Me with Tammy.














Tammy, me, and some crazy lady! (Sherri)





















The Getty's performed many wonderful songs.

6 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

So, now I can say I know someone who is "almost famous". But you are a "covergirl". Atleast you picked a quality magazine to be associated with, right? :)
By the way, Bob & I thank you and your family for ALL the goodies you sent to us with the team! WOW! It was all greatly appreciated! Thanks for the love you show!

JanAl said...

Anna~ Your welcome!
We just want you to know how much we think about you, love you, and how thankful we are that you are serving the Lord.

Charity said...

That was definitely a weekend full of unforgettable moments - both at the conference and on the way there & back!! I always knew you and Kelly would put Greenville Grace on the map somehow . . . :D

Nan said...

Hi!

I knew it! I ALWAYS said it! I told EVERYONE I knew that you were destined for greatness!
Well, maybe I exaggerate a little...but you are great! Your husband and kids rise and call you blessed.
As Anna said, you are a cover girl. You are beautiful inside and out! Well...I've never seen your insides, but....

Jenny said...

I would have love to have been there with you. It looks like you had a blast...

JanAl said...

Jenny ~I wish you could have been there! You would have loved it!
And someday...I can not wait to meet you in person, and give you the biggest "sister" hug ever!